Club Directions ||
Riding Areas ||
Trail Conditions ||
Racing & Schedules
About Us ||
Club Photos ||
Meeting Minutes ||
MDRA Rules & Guidelines at MDRA Club Property
(rules applicable to riding on the MDRA Club
MDRA FUN TRIALS' RULES:
( Indicates most
- A rider enters the section when his front axle has past the
start gate. A rider exit’s the section when his front axle
exit’s the end gate. A rider is scored from start to finish.
- A rider must enter through the "2 start markers" and exit
through the "2 end markers". Failure to do so results in a
- In the section, the red tape remains on the right and blue
tape on the left.
- A rider may only ride the
line (1, 2, 3, 4) they have communicated. You must ride
the same line in each section.
- A rider can not cross over his own tracks in a section.
Result = 5.
- Purposefully placing any
part of the body or bike (other than tires, footpegs, and skid
plate) on the ground or on an object for a benefit is a fault.
Pushing off of or leaning on a tree is beneficial, running
into a tree is not beneficial and is not a point in itself.
- You can begin at any section at the start of the event, but
you must ride the remaining sections in order.
- A Fault or a dab is when
you place a foot or body part on the ground or other object to
compensate for a misbalance. 1 fault = 1 point.
- A tire may touch a marker with no points being assessed as
long as the tire does not go completely over the marker. One
tire may be floated over a marker as long as it does not touch
on the out of bounds side.
SCORING ~~ (0, 1, 2, 3, 5):
- 0 - no faults. Rider completes section without dabbing.
- 1 - 1 fault. Usually in the form of a dab.
- 2 - 2 faults. Either dabbing a foot 2 times or placing
both feet on the ground simultaneously. (Can not place 2 feet
on ground and stop unless stuck).
- 3 - dragging a foot, sliding a foot or 3 faults. A rider
faulting more than 3 times will recieve a 3.
- 5 - Failure. Received when a rider goes over a boundary,
breaks a marker, misses a marker or dismounts their bike.
(Dismount: 2 feet on one side of bike or both feet on the
ground behind the rear axle.)
- If a marker is knocked over or broken by the rider, a 5
is given and checker must re-secure marker.
- Object of the "game" is to
complete a section with no faults.
- Person with the least
number of points per class wins.
- A stalled bike receives a 5 unless both feet remain on
the foot pegs while bike is stalled and rider successfully
restarts the bike without dabbing. If a bike stalls and the
rider can drift past the exit gate, no penalty is given.
- If a rider moves backwards, a 5 is given (when stuck,
leniency is at checkers disgression.
- A rider may pivot his foot on the ground. The result is
- Loop- the trail that takes
all riders to each section. Riding the opposite way on the loop
or "backwards" is prohibited.
- As long as a rider remains in bounds and within their designated
line, they may go wherever they want.
- A rider may not ride a section for score after the time limit
- A rider may not enter the
section until the checker has acknowledge them. This is usually
done by asking which line the rider is using. When the previous
rider has exited the section, the checker will then raise his
fist and say “Rider.” Saying this also notifies any riders
walking the section that he/she needs to move out of the way.
- An accurate score is shown using fingers. At the beginning of
a section a fist is raised to signify 0 points. For every
Fault, a finger is raised.
- A rider may not alter ANY
material in a section. This includes leaves, sticks, or stones.
The result of this is a 5. A rider may move material
outside of the section.
- Checkers may not move anything in the section except to replace
markers or fix tape. IF something is moved in a section and
would definantly cause harm to the next rider, then the checker
may put the object back where it was prior to the damage.
- If a checker marks the wrong number on the score card, he/she
mark all other numbers EXCEPT the correct one.
- A rider may not ride in a
section prior to the event. A rider is permitted/encouraged to
walk a section prior to riding it.
This land is owned by Mason-Dixon Riders
Association (MDRA) and is intended for use by MDRA Members
Rules and Regulations
Click image to enlarge
The following rules are necessary and must be followed by a
parent to insure that highest level of safety while enjoying
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU
- RULE #1: ALL family members under the age
of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
when riding on or attending any function on this land.
- RULE #2: ALL members riding on this land MUST
use all proper safety gear (helmet, eye protection,
ankle supported boots, long sleeve shirt or jacket,
long pants, and gloves)
- RULE #3: There MUST be no private use of
this land during any scheduled club activity.
- RULE #4: No one member should ride
unaccompanied on this land for safety.
- RULE #5: The use of alcohol is prohibited
for anyone riding or driving on this land.
- RULE #6: ALL MEMBERS riding on this land
MUST be aware of other riders and the direction they are
No child under the age of 10 is allowed to
operate an ATV on public lands.
Club members ~~ please submit additional
MDRA Property rules for posting on the MDRA website to the